Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Peanut Butter and Chocolate Kind Of Love

Possibly two of my favorite flavors in the world are peanut butter, and chocolate.  I have been known when desperate or just feeling reckless to eat teaspoons of peanut butter drenched in Hershey syrup, with no ceremony.  I am a total hoss, and recommend you not do as I do. But if you made these cookies, it is almost like doing the same thing, and way more respectable.  Remember that! (If you eat it in cookie form, it is more respectable.) Peanut butter blossoms are yummy, easy to make, and look pretty on a plate.  This cookie walks a fine line between candy and cookie, and unless you are allergic to peanuts, it is the bee’s knees. In total honesty, I don’t make these for me; I make them for my almost 29 year old “baby” sister. If it wasn’t for her, my life would be a 1000 times less funny and satisfying. Not only is she my best friend, but she is the mother to my baby boy, and she is utterly selfless. So I make these every year just for her.  Merry Christmas from The House of Beebs!!

48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Granulated sugar

.) Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.

.) Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.

.) Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.

.) Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each
cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
About 4 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment